Meeting on 1/9/2017
Meeting came to order.
Donations were made to start off the meeting:
- Donations were given by:
- Paul O'Sullivan $500
- Adia Russell's Donation Money from her fundraising.
- Rotory Club $1,000
- Mr. McGee's Class of 2026 $134
Closing on the building:
- We need to make sure the borough accepts what we are doing.
- The public was offered to ask questions before we sign the papers.
Questions from the public:
- Mrs. Stadnick asked- What will happen with the building after it is purchased
Charlie Palermo told her about our mission statement that our priority was to obtain and facilitate the care and transfer of the building to return it to the town. Tom Connors added that it is the borough's responsibility to treat this gift with respect and it is up to the people to make the decision as to what would happen with the building. "Its a great day for Weatherly."
- Mrs. Hayes asked about the status of the national historical building preservation society know about the building.
Charlie Palermo said yes, that will be persued.
- Mr. O'Sullivan needed clarification that the building was accepted
Both Charlie and Tom answered his question, and the building was accepted. We just want to make sure the borough is happy with the way we go about going through with the purchase.
- Mr. Titus had asked if the group will be the costodian of the school.
No, our group is planning on working closely with the borough to help keep the school up. Many volunteers have made commitments to help. (Which may or may not include bord members willing to volunteer.)
- A motion to table to the agreement of sale until the attourney and borough agrees that it is acceptable. (To allow the attourney time to look over this lengthy 25 page agreement.) Brian O'Donnel made first motion to this decision as well as Lori Clabia seconded.
- Lee Zink has resigned from the board and it was mentioned how much we appreciate his dedication up to this point. He was truly a huge help and voice of reason for our cause.
- It was mentioned that we will need to remember that the board of directors will be up for a vote in June 2017.
- We must remind the public who has pledged that we need the pledges to be fulfilled.
Brian O'Donnell made first motion to adjourn and Alyssa Hinkle seconded.