Meeting Minutes from January 24, 2017
- Charlie Palermo
- Brian O'Donnell
- Alyssa Hinkle
- Dawn Bellizia
- Paula Thomas
- Phil Jeffries
- Mayor Tom Connors
- Michele Sparich
- Nancy Mulvaney
- Joe Cybert
- Tom McBrien
- Rachel Scott
- Eve Scott
- Bill Titus
- Atty. Dan MisCavaige
- Atty. Laura Bonin Walters
Dan Miscavaige fills us in:
- Explained the process and where we are with the agreement.
- Recommended that the borough gets the deed and is the owner of the school to prevent the ammount of hands that the school is owned by. (And ultimately to cut taxes and closing costs to change ownership.)
- This will need to come to a vote with our board.
- According to Atty. Miscavaige, this purchase can be finished within two weeks.
- Reported there were concerns with the town council with them accepting the purchase.
- They presented a more simplified (black and white) to the council.
- The title had to be cleared.
- Donations= $46,000
- Pledges= $11,000
- Total= $58,000
Tom Connors obstained from all motions
- 1st Motion: To agree to assign purchase to the borough.
2nd Motion: To authorize the transfer of the money needed to make purchase of the property.
- First Motion: Alyssa Hinkle
- Seconded by: Michele Sparich
- All agreed
- First Motion: Brian O'Donnell
- Second Motion: Paula Thomas
- All agreed
Approval of previous minutes:
- Paula Thomas makes first motion to accept previous minutes.
- Second by Charlie Palermo.
- All agreed.
Additional Items of Concern
- Continue with phone calls to people who haven't turned in their pledge money.
- Tom Connors will be leaving our board due to his obligations to our town. He said his responsibilities will benefit us much more on the town side of the fence. Tom has put a lot of work into helping us and we look forward to working with him as our Mayor.
- Due to the loss of two board members we will consider bringing in another member in the near future. Brian O'Donnell made motion to keep 10 on the board, and Paula Thomas seconded, all agreed.
- A concern is why we can't save the annex. Tom Connors answered this question on behalf of the borough. "Based on cost of repairs, rebuild, then make all floors handicap accessable, and to get the committee to agree. (Their original agreement was for just the old school.) Then to heat it and maintain it. The money to take that on would not be realistic. Unless someone can step foreward to take that responsibility." (paraphrased)
- Alyssa offered to orchastrate another public event in the spring, attendees favored this idea.
- There is a clock maker that Tom Connors mentioned outside of town who offered to get the clock fixed and running at no cost.
Motion to Adjourn:
- First by Michele Sparich
- Second by Paula Thomas