Meeting Minutes May 8, 2017
Meeting Called to order.
- Phil Jeffries
- Alyssa Hinkle
- Michele Sparich
- Charlie Palermo
- Brian O'Donnell
- Dawn Bellizia
- Paula Thomas
- Eve Scott
- Megan Scott
- Nancy Mulvaney
Acceptance of previous minutes from both 4/3/2017 and 4/24/2017:
- First Motion Dawn Bellizia
- Seconded by Brian O'Donnell
- All accepted.
- Skipped the treasurer's report because Lori was unable to attend.
Raise the Roof festival:
- Brian O'Donnell- looking to see if Caputo's Ice company will donate ice for the sno-cone maker.
- Alyssa is to confirm with the bounce house company if they will still come if it is raining/bad weather.
- Spoke about donations and volunteer time from vendors and Music Together.(Who is a vendor offering a volunteer service for the childrens' entertainment.)
- Volunteer clean up- Tenatively scheduled for 6/24, the Borough will need to confirm if this is ok at their next meeting.
- Cabage fest- Tom Connors was not attending the meeting so we could not get an update at this time.
- Weatherly festival- Bounce houses and info booth should be next to each other this time to prevent volunteers from running themselves ragged.
- Hillclimb (June 10-11th) booth will be manned by Alyssa Hinkle- any other volunteers are welcome to help. It is likely that we will be selling tee shirts and have asked permission to make sno cones for the event.
- Michael Rossi reached out to Charlie Palermo in regards to his haunting/paranormal group seeking permission to go into the school. The group was unenthusiastic about this idea because of fears of negative distractions and bad PR for the school. This descussion will be tabled for now.
- Discussion to notify all who have donated can vote for new board members this year. Laura Walters went over the bylaws for voting. The board is to send out press stating (pharaphrase) "Anyone interested in becoming a board member is encouraged to email Charlie Palermo by 6/2 to be discussed at the first meeting in June - Election will be held at the end of June. Michele Sparich will be writing a note for donors to be aware that they will be able to vote.
- We discussed that we have never had a group photo of the board who "started it all"- We will plan to meet in front of the old school at 6:45pm in front of the old school before the next 7pm meeting on 6/5.
- First motion to adjourn: Alyssa Hinkle
- Seconded by: Michele Sparich
- All Agreed
- Next meeting June 5th- Location to be announced.