Schwab School Meeting Minutes from June 26, 2017:
- Charlie Palermo
- Lori Clabia
- Phil Jeffries
- Paula Thomas
- Alyssa Hinkle
- Michele Spirach
- Phil Jeffries
- Brian O'Donnell
- Bill Titus
- Nancy Mulvaney
- Earnie Stauffer
- Todd Gimbi
Approval of previous minutes:
- First accepted by: Bill Titus
- Seconded by: Paula Thomas
- All aggreed
- Current Bank Balance: $7,145.16
- Acceptance of the Treasurer's report:
- There was a donation from the class of 78 in the amount of $546.68 during the meeting.
- First Acceptance: Alyssa Hinkle
- Seconded by: Phil Jeffries
- All Agreed
Concerns and Discussion:
- Charlie Palermo was speaking with Harold Pudliner, the borough manager, in regards to getting the front door cleaned up and get the clock
runnig as it will show the community that the school has "Signs of life".
- The group was under the impression that assessments were currently/already being done. However, the agiencies involved in doing the
assessments did not want to begin assessments until we have earned a grant. This was upsetting news as we were told that assessments were already in the works.
- Todd Gimbi of the Alumni Association was in attendance and had some questions and offered help. First he had mentioned the brick program
from selling the bricks of the annex area as it needs to be demolished as a fundraiser. It was mentioned that depending on how it is demolished, we will not have many bricks
to sell. The brick sale will be tabled til a later time. Todd had also offered us to send out update letters with the alumni mailings which occours on a quarterly basis. (This
will save us on both printing cost and postage.) The next mailing will be November 1st and we need to turn in submissions 2 weeks prior to the mailing date. The alum's 8th
annual dinner to celebrate 25 years will be held on October 8th at 1pm. The old school board members were not only invited to attend, but encouraged.
- As it was previously mentioned- anyone who donates a certain amount to our cause earns a spot on a plaque which we need to make good on.
The things we covered regarding this matter include: Using Henritzy Trophy as they have offered us help and discount and are vested in our cause; A way to make sure that the
people who paid designated amounts earn the right color/slot on the plaque. (Dawn and Lori will collaborate together on this.); Charlie Palermo said he will be contacting
Chris Henritzy to get a better idea of pricing.
Upcomming Events and Other Concerns:
- Cabage festival -October 14th- no new updates
- Weatherly Festival - the group that was supposed to do snow cones have backed out so, we are able to sell snow cones for the festival.
- Hillclimb- sell tee shirts and membership again. Extras as we find out if we aren't going to compete with other organizations. September
- To apply for the small game of chance permit for a year is $125 fee. Group all agreed by unanimous vote that this should be done and
- Phil Jeffries reported that the gym door of the annex was opened and after a call to the borough- it was fixed.
- Lary Wilcrout from Indiana came to town and wanted to see the school- This was the same man who is an archetect and originally bad mouthed the idea of trying to save the school on social media. We will handle this individual with caution.
Vote for new officers results:
- President... Charlie Palermo
- Vice President... Dawn Bellizia
- Secretary... Alyssa Hinkle
- Treasurer... Lori clabia
- The only change from last year is the VP.
- First motion to adjourn: Michele Sparich
- Second by: Dawn Bellizia
- All Agreed- Next meeting tenatively scheduled August 22nd as it is right before the Weatherly fesfival to make any last minute plans and adjustments.