Charles M. Schwab School Restoration Project:
Attention! Next public meeting at: The Borough Building November , 2016 at 6:30pm. See you there!
Meeting opened previous minutes accepted first by Phil Jeffries, then seconded by Paula Thomas.
- Charlie Palermo
- Lori Clabia
- Brian O'Donnell
- Phil Jeffries
- Michele Sparich
- Dawn Bellizia
- Lee Zink
- Paula Thomas
- Tom Connors
- Joe Cybert
- Laura Walters
- Eve Scott
- Bill Titus
- Kathie Paul
- Bette Rambaran
- Michele Gerhard
- Ashton Gerhard
- Donations/bank balance:
- Deed holding bank currently has an offer of $40k from us, but it was rejected. (We can not offer more than we have.) Charlie has reported that the bank will not accept anything unless it begins with a "5".
Other Ideas for Fundraising:
- Eve Scott recommended that we post a status signs on the bridge or at the gas station. This way the public is aware of how close we are to our goal.
- Michele Gerhard mentioned that there are no signs out her way and she said she would be willing to make phone calls to take donations.
- Bette Rambaran recommended on a bucket drive for small donations to amount to something bigger.
- Tom Connors mentioned if someone donates bigger money we can name a room after the donor.
- Plaques were mentioned, $100 for bronze plaque, $250 for silver, etc...
- Brian O'Donnell made a motion to approve a permanent recognition (plaque) that will recognize donors from $100 or more for bronze, $500 or more silver, $1000 or more to achieve gold and platinum recognition at $5,000. Alyssa Hinkle seconded. Voted for and approved by the board.
- The group requested that Dawn Bellizia make a thermometer for status to display in town.
- Alyssa Hinkle was delegated to contact one of the rotary members to see if we can post at their sign near the Dollar General.
- Adjournment: First by, Michele Sparich and second by, Dawn Bellizia.
- Next meeting: 11/28/2016 7:00pm location TBA.