Meeting Minutes from December 15, 2016
Meeting opened, minutes from previous meeting first accepted by: Paula Thomas; approved second by: Dawn Bellizia -all agreed.
- Charlie Palermo
- Brian O'Donnell
- Lori Clabia
- Michele Sparich
- Dawn Bellizia
- Joeseph Cyburt
- Tom Connors
- Paula Thomas
- William Titus
- Libby Hays
- Lee Zink
- Rachel Scott
- Megan Scott
- Eve Scott
- Phil Jeffries
- Current donations: $30,626
- Current pledges: $16,585
- Current total: $47,211
- We are currently at 94% of the purchase goal, however this does not include the cost of insurance and closing cost.
Status of the newest agreement of sale.
- We are currently at 94% of our goal to purchase the school.
- 3 months of insurance will be needed once the closing occurs. Michele Sparich had been checking for quotes, however the insurance company who insures the town will not insure the school. She is currently still attempting to get a quote.
- Closing cost is estimated at $2,000.
- Realtor has been in contact with Charlie Palermo via text. Charlie read the texts out loud at the meeting.
- A $5,000 deposit will be needed when the agreement is submitted.
- Closing: January 19, 2017
- Brian O'Donnell made motion to sign and submit the newest version of the Letter of intent, seconded by Alyssa Hinkle and agreed by all attendees.
- Pat McGeehin wants to donate $2,500 in memory of his mother who had worked at the school. He plans on presenting his donation 12/16/2016 @4pm. Board members and the public were invited to attend.
- Adia's birthday fundraiser has been very well publicized with Times Leader News, Standard Speaker Newspaper, Blue Ridge TV 13 and WYLN .
- A small amount of baskets have been donated so far and the group was encouraged to donate. Two donations were collected at the meeting..
- Lori Clabia donated a $25 Gift Card from Bath and Bodyworks.
- Brian O'Donnell donated a $50 EXXON gas card.
Charlie Palermo mentioned he would like to make an Italian Pasta basket.
It was brought to our attention by the Scott family that smile.amazon.com had us in their non-profit list to gain funds based on purchases. The group is unaware as to where this money goes and Lori Clabia volunteered to contact them for more information.
- Same as last month: People are welcome to come to the fundraiser on December 19th, but the next "formal" meeting January 9th 2017. (Location TBA)
Adjournment: First by Michele Sparich and Dawn Bellizia seconded.