Meeting Minutes April 3, 2017
Meeting Called to order.
Acceptance of previous minutes:
- First Motion Brian O'Donnell
- Seconded by Paula Thomas
- All accepted.
- Bank Balance: 3,900.00 (Roughly because treasurer has other obligations during tax season)
Update from the Borough from Tom Connors:
- Contacted a roofer and was told they will come and do an assessment for repairs and or total roof replacement they will be booking that appointment as soon as possible. The first step has been initiated.
- At the last Borough Council meeting they have also initiated the tax information necessary.
Raise the Roof:
- Donation of a Gas Grill by Eve Scott and Bill Titus.
- Tickets for drawings.
- Vendors and food trucks are still booking spots.
- Bounce houses: If we get two bounce houses at $250 each- the rental place is willing to rent a sno-cone machine for free.
- Non voting membership update: We had asked Laura Walters in regards to underage voting for memberships. (She said she will need to look in to that.) Perhaps opportunities to be Junior members?
- Brian O'Donnell recommended $15 individual membership, $25 for couple membership. He mentioned the possibility of giving free tee shirts to advertise. Perhaps the first 100 members get a car magnet or sticker, a (semi annual?) newsletter, an invite to meetings and the ability to vote for new board members.
- Brian O'Donnell made first motion for membership cost as mentioned above, seconded by Michele Sparich- all agreed.
- There was a discussion on the term "Non voting members" which was only referred to this term in the bylaws. The board does not feel that this term is welcoming and pushes possible members away. Laura Walters looked over the bylaws and answered questions on terminology.
- Alyssa Hinkle made first motion to accept the terms listed above for not labeling membership as "non-voting" members, Phil Jeffries seconded, all agreed.
- Volunteer clean up is to be tabled because we can't do anything until the building is approved to have people inside with the mold and asbestos concerns.
- Cabbage Festival will be held Aug 12 noon-6pm to begin planning on setting up a table or food.
- Weatherly Festival Aug 25 & 26 update: Also has a grill being raffled off.
- Facebook needs to be public now that we own the building, this was discussed between Eve Scott, Dawn Bellizia and Phil Jeffries during the meeting. This will be tabled for next week's meeting.
- Charlie Palermo mentioned the graduating classes who have had bank accounts who might be interested in donating to the old school.
- Bill Titus believes that we should have sub-committees, as well as the need for letterhead and tax info so we can get more corporate memberships. Lori Clabia will need to write up a donation letter for such purposes. She will be finished with tax season soon.
- First motion to adjourn: Michele Sparich
- Seconded by: Paula Thomas
- All Agreed
- Next meeting April 24th or 25th- to be announced.