Meeting Minutes June 5, 2017
Meeting Called to order.
- Charlie Palermo
- Phil Jeffries
- Alyssa Hinkle
- Lori Clabia
- Michele Sparich
- Dawn Bellizia
- Paula Thomas
- Eve Scott
- Megan Scott
- Nancy Mulvaney
- Paul O'Sullivan
- Laura Walters
- Earnie Stauffer
Acceptance of previous minutes from 5/8/2017:
- First Motion Phil Jeffries
- Seconded by Dawn Bellizia
- All accepted.
- Bank Balance: $6,299.00
- Income from Raise the Roof Festival: $895
- There have been $1,135.00 in donations recently.
Acceptance of Treasurer's Report:
- First Motion Michele Sparich
- Seconded by Paula Thomas
- All accepted.
Report from the Raise the Roof festival:
- Alyssa thanked all of the volunteers and DJs. Even though the weather was a wash out, it was still a good way to get our cause promoted.
- Hillclimb- Alyssa will be manning the stand all weekend. Any other people who want to volunteer are welcomed. Nancy Mulvaney said that she would relieve
Alyssa Sunday afternoon.
- Volunteer Clean up- All agreed 6/26 would be a good date for it. Since it is owned by the borough, certain rules must be respected. (No painting, No
scraping of paint, No weed killer. Only weeding, sweeping and outdoor work.)
- Weatherly Festival- No snow cones as there is a group therer that already give snow cones out for free.
- Cabbage Festival- There will be a tractor parade, it is expected to be very well attended. (Does anyone have a tractor we can decorate with old school
orange and black?
- PO Box needed to be renewed- Cost of renting the box per year is $62. All agreed to pay this bill to keep the PO BOX.
- A check was received for $160.22 from Network for good from Alyssa's Fundraiser for her birthday this year via Facebook.
- Amazon smile deposit came and was added to the bank account.
- A man by the name of Alan Artim donated $500 and his workplace matched his donation for an additional $500.
- Brian O'Donnell's workplace will also be donating to our cause.
- There have been memorial donations made "In memory of"- Discussion was started to write up thank you letters to the families of the donations.
- There was a discussion of having a Board Photo as well as an event for when the clock starts running. (Erv Richie probably knows a lot about that
clock and how it works due to his father in law (Jackie Koehler) being the caretaker of that building for so long. We also discussed how much of a treasure Jackie Koehler was
to this town.)
- Paul O'Sullivan's Facebook page promotion is open to the public. This is not a closed group and all can now see the goings on and future events
being held for the old school building. There was a motion made for Paul O'Sullivan to continue to move forward with the Facebook page- All agreed.
- Dawn Bellizia will send letters to all donors letting them know that there will be a voting meeting coming up and to make people aware of the
opportunity to vote. Michele Sparich has written this letter as promised.
- Alyssa has made a PayPal merchant account to start taking online donations.
- Charlie Palermo mentioned that the responsibilities of the President of this board should rotate every year as the vote to nominate new board
members is coming up.
- Earnie Stauffer had recommended that we have the sign at the bridge changed from 5% towards the new roof so that people can see growth. The only
hesitation is that we do not yet have a quote to know how much we are going to need to fix the roof and therefore don't know what percentage we are actually at. The group
agreed that to keep up morale of donations that the sign should be updated.
- 6/26/2017 Monday 7pm. All agreed.
- First motion to adjourn: Alyssa Hinkle
- Seconded by: Paula Thomas
- All Agreed